Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Being momma to a "spirited" girl.


It has been far too long since I made the time to sit down and write. I enjoy doing it because having this place where I can look back on the previous year is pretty cool. I don't know about other parents, but I tend to get too caught up in the "now" I forget the awesome things God has brought us through.

Life with Savannah as always been amazing. Nothing short of that. There are times, however, I am SO exasperated with her that I just want to hide in the closet with my hot coffee (keyword being hot, because that is RARE). Like the time she brought me a dead snake and hissed at me with it. Or the time she found foot powder and ran down our main hall throwing it everywhere. And, how about the time she felt like my iPhone would feel better after a dip in the toilet. Also, lets not forget all the "I tol you no"s I hear daily, and the threats she gives to bite her friends, or telling me something is "uggy" and taking it off because she doesn't to wear it.

In those panicked moments, God has this amazing way of helping me remember something downright cute she has done recently to help make me smile. All the "wuv you momma"s make up for the "I tol you no"s. All the awesome dance moves make up for her rowdy running and jumping. All the times she looks to me for guidance and encouragement makes up for all the times she disobeys that guidance.

I am constantly feeling as if I am being judged by others because my girl isn't easy going. Almost as if it is a direct reflection my parenting. I have been asked "Where were you when she was unlocking the door and walking out it?" Well, I was in the laundry room, 10 foot from her "Where were you when she found the snake?" I was right there pulling weeds. I have learned she cannot be let out of my sight for long because she has this awesome brain and imagination driving her. She isn't "bad", she isn't "out of control", and she isn't a "handful", She is made in the Lords image, and He designed her just the way she is. He knows the plans He has for her, plans to prosper. I am her momma, and I am not slack in disciplining and guiding her. I am teaching her there is a time and place for running and jumping, and there is a time to listen and obey.



No comments:

Post a Comment