Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Family Away

Tonight, a friend of Zachary and myself celebrated his birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. I know what you're thinking, a grown man at Chuck E. Cheese? He had never been and his sweet wife (my best friend), wanted to surprise him. 
I was SO very excited for this night, because Zach and I are both ski ball nerds. It is what we do. We went to Chuck E. Cheese on our honeymoon. We were heading to the beach for the day and both decided we wanted pizza and a game. It was SO fun. So, when we were invited, we both got giddy! We were going to hire a sitter, have a date night, and some fellowship. Then, life changed. I literally mean things changed in our lives that meant Zachary taking a second job on some evenings. He couldn't attend tonight.
At first, I was bummed about him missing it. Then I thought to myself, "No sense in dwelling on what cannot be changed." Savannah and I would go as a date and spend some time as her and I. Zach literally called me crazy for taking our 2 year old to a busy arcade, after bedtime, alone without his help.  I said a prayer, dressed our girl up, and got excited. 
At first, I thought it was going to be a bust. But, as time passed, she started enjoying herself. Seeing things through her beautiful eyes really changes my sight at times. The things she finds joy in, are so simple. It makes you smile. We enjoyed it. She obeyed. She ate well. She played and had no melt downs. She said grace over her supper. 

And then the most amazing thing happened! My friends parents decided to bless this momma and take my girl and play while I finished eating! I can count on one hand in two years the times I've been able to finish a meal when Savannah has been around. As I sat and watched Savannah enjoy other people being with her, and those people enjoying her, I teared up. It is probably hormones. But, I realized in that moment, we have created a family away from our family. I have people who love my family like I do and WANT to bless us with those small gifts. HOW amazing? 
They probably have no idea what this meant to me. Instead of leaving with a throbbing back and head, a short fuse, and a fussy baby because she can sense momma is fussy: I left with a smile and a happy heart. My girl rode home in happy silence, her bright pink bracelet and rubber dinosaur clutched in her chubby fist, prizes she won from playing. As I rocked my sweet Rooster to sleep, in her sleepy elephant jammies, I was content and so was she. All because we had sweet people love on us with their time and energy. I am grateful tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment