Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Catching up

I went couponing yesterday, and did an okay trip. A lot of what I got was for the holiday, my daddy will be here and he likes certain things (UNHEALTHY things, daddy). A small portion will be donated along with a couple of things I picked up today. If you have any extra, I strongly urge you to donate to a local shelter or church. There are so many people out there who are doing without as I type this, and while I am not naive enough to think my coupons can save the world, I do think a small bit goes a long way to someone who has nothing. I will step off my soapbox and get to the goodies! 
2 Gerber Puffs on sale for $1.75 each. $3.50 total
1 Gerber Veggie Crunches on sale for $1.75. 
2 boxes of Quaker granola bars. BOGO for $3.09
2 Luigis Italian Ice BOGO for $3.39. I had a $1 off two, from the Redplum from $6.24. So, $2.39 for both. 
2 cans of Rotel BOGO for $1.49. 
6 jars of Beechnut baby food. This is a GREAT deal. Go print this coupon two times, get 6 jars of food. They are .55 each, BOGO. So, you pay for 3, which is $1.65. The coupon is for $1 off 3. So you use two of those, making it $2 off, when you were only paying for $1.65 anyway because of the sale. Publix is PAYING YOU .35 to it! (I hope that makes sense!)
2 Kraft dressings BOGO for $3.31. There is $1 off 2 Target coupon (my Publix considers Target a competitor so this coupon can be used as a store coupon and can be combined with manufacturer coupons), and $1 off on that is printable from the Kraft dressing Facebook page. Use $1/2 and 2 of the $1, and you pay .31 for TWO. 
1 container of grape tomatoes $2.50
2 green peppers at $2.11
1 Cucumber .65
3 Martha White muffin mixes at .99 each. Publix had a buy 2, get one free coupon, so I paid $2 for 3. 
2 Dole fruit smoothie shakers $1.99 each. I had a Publix coupon for $1.99 off 2 (BOGO basically), and I had a manufacturer from the SmartSource from last week for $1 off 2. So, $1.99x2= $4.00-$3.00 in coupons= $1.00 for TWO. 
2 Starburst at $2.99 each. I had $1.00 off 2 Publix and $1.oo off 2 manufacturer. So, I paid $4.00 for both. 
2 Lays chips BOGO for $4.29. 
Motts apple juice $4.49. 
2 Ballpark hotdogs BOGO for $4.99. I had a .75 off 2. So, $4.25 for both. Not bad for Ballpark. 
2 Muller pastas BOGO for $1.59. 
2 Cheezits BOGO for $4.19
2 Deans Dip for $2.09 each. So, $4.18 for both. I had $1.00 off 2 Publix coupon, and 2 $1.00 off 1 manufacturers. So, $1.18 for two. 
1 Oscar Meyer bologna $1. Printed a Target coupon for $1, got it completely FREE. Went back today and bought 2 more packs to donate. (We don't really eat much bologna.)
1 Kraft single pack of cheese for $2. Printed a $1.00 off from the Kraft Facebook page. 
2 64 oz. Gatorades BOGO for $2.79. 

Spent $51.03 and saved $51 even. Not bad! 

I went back today just for some meats for the week, and grabbed a couple more deals to donate. I will be donating this week a Dial hand soap, an 8 pack of Nestle Drumstick ice cream, a package of Starbursts, 1 muffin pack, 2 bolognas, and two things of dressing. 
I know this is kind of hard to follow, and it seems so time consuming. It really is not. It is an amazing hobby of mine now, and we are saving so much and beginning to donate more and more. Please please please! If you have questions or want help laying out a grocery trip, I would love to help. Saving money is a wonderful thing. I love being able to show Zach what I saved us at the grocery, because it is essentially revenue coming into our home. I love being able to give back a TINY bit, because I know if we were struggling terribly, I would be SO grateful for any help we could receive. Also, it is what we are called to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment