Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

It takes a village to raise a child

I have heard that saying my entire life, and it has never hit home until I had a child myself. Savannah is more than blessed by people who love her. Before she was even born, people would talk to her in my belly and tell how excited they were to meet her. She had a closet fit for a princess MONTHS before she was due. At Christmas time, we wound up leaving things in Georgia that we could do without so that we could bring home all of her things. People Zach and I have never met personally, but know people in our family has sent gifts for her. We are truly blessed.
She got a new big girl car seat (thank you Noni and Grandaddy), a new big girl high chair and big girl shoes (Thank you Poppy and GG), new clothes in the mail (Thank you Gammy), and formula to last a couple weeks (Thank you Poppa). We never had to ask anyone for any of this, we had budgeted it into our budget this week, and when our families heard we would be doing it, they made sure she had it. We are truly blessed.
Not only do both of our families support us as a family with materialistic things, but also in encouragement and guidance. Zacharys grandparents, who are mine as well :), came down this weekend, and we had a blast. They stayed at our house until late in the evenings talking with us. They joined us for church this morning, and Mema was so thrilled to hear our pastors message.  They are really an amazing example of how we want our marriage to function and how we want to raise our children. We are truly blessed.

It has been awhile since I have made time to sit down and chat. I am still couponing like crazy. I saved us over $900 in the month of May. My momma asked, "What on EARTH are you going to do with all that stuff?!" Well, i donated a good portion. A smaller protion is stored here at the house for us to use. And we will use it. I do not buy things that will go to waste or things that won't be used.
Hope everyone has a good week! Here is a little taste of our weekend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment