Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Anniversary, sick babies, and Walmart workers.

Today makes exactly two years that I have been married to Zachary. Looking back on where we were when we got married, to where we are now is amazing to me. So much has changed and we have grown as individuals, and as a couple so much in two years. I can HONESTLY say I love him more today than I did 4 years ago when we met. This day is so incredibly bitter sweet to me. I am so thankful for my husband and all of his ways, but I am also reminded of memories of our wedding day that are hard to think of right now.
 Shane gave me away to Zachary. He walked me down the aisle and cried huge tears when he handed Zach my hand. I remember so vividly waiting in my bridal suite for Shane to come get me for the ceremony. I was so nervous and so anxious, and when he got there, I just broke down crying. I was scared. Lol. He said to me, "Hitch up that dress and let's get to moving. You can't be late for your own wedding, dork". It was exactly what I needed to hear to leave the room. As soon as we got to the doors of the hall, I froze again. He starts singing "Meet me at the alter in your white dress...." and beat boxing with his mouth. I giggled, and we did the damn thing, as he would say. I miss him so much, but am so thankful for all the pictures and memories I have.
Our sweet baby is sick for the first time in her whole 7 months of life. It breaks my heart hearing her stuffy nose and seeing her red eyes. We went to the doctor today, and sure enough she has a small ear infection on the right side and a small cold. Her doctor said her ear was only slightly red, most likely due to her cutting her two top teeth and drainage from her cold. So, she is on antibiotics. Which meant a trip to Walmart right after the doctor.
I went in to fill her 'script, use a couple coupons I had that were for really good deals (A free 2 liter, free power bars, and CHEAP hand creme), and buy cake mix to bake our anniversary cake. I had stopped at Chikfila for a milkshake on my way in, and had the cup discreetly placed between the cart and my purse, so Savannah couldn't see it. I hand the man Savannah's insurance card and the 'script, ask how long (A stinkin' hour), and if he needed anything else from me (No, ma'am). I head off to do my other shopping.
Twenty minutes later, I arrive back at the pharmacy and ask the clerk to let me know when her medicine was ready, that I would be waiting in that area. She says she needs her Staywell card before they can fill it.... Could someone not have told me this TWENTY minutes ago? Hand her the card, turn back just in time to see my sweet, beautiful, sickly child dump my entire yummy, sticky, much needed milk shake into the floor. You're right Savannah, mommas thighs DID NOT need that shake, but my sanity did.
I get her medicine and head to check out. As I am waiting in line, I am getting out my debit card and coupons, and I hear Savannah giggle. The milk shakes been dumped already, my purse is with me, WHAT could she possibly be into?? I turn and a sweet, little, old lady is kissing Savannah's cheeks.... I am horrified. I am all for kissing my child. But, she is MINE. I am not a stranger that I do not know where their mouths have been. I look the lady straight in the face and say, "Ma'am, we just left the doctor where she was diagnosed with a common cold and an ear infection. Thank you for admiring her, but you MIGHT want to do it from afar." She pats Savannah's hand and walks away.
As I am checking out and handing the clerk my coupons, she says "These are coupons are going to make a lot of your items free, good for you."..... Hence why I am getting said things, lady. She then proceeds to tell me that the Walmart brand baby rub I just bought for Savannah's chest isn't as good as Vicks.... That's odd, because when comparing ingredients, they are the exact same. And, wouldn't an employee of Walmart endorse their brand?

We are home. I have a headache and a yearning for a milkshake. Savannah is napping peacefully and I am starting my devotion for the day. I have so much to be thankful for and a ton of people to pray about today, mostly all the people who felt my wrath at Walmart.

1 comment:

  1. cute blog courtney!! check ours out too www.momsfavthings.com :)

    ReplyDelete