Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Monday, May 14, 2012

My first Mother's Day as Savannah's momma

I celebrated my first Mother's Day yesterday, and it was an experience to say the least. In church that morning our pastor asked what it meant to be a mother. It got me to thinkin'....
Being a momma means so much more to me than having a child. It means waking up everyday knowing that you will sacrifice something that day. Whether it be sleep, food, alone time, a shower, a good tooth brushing, and some days, a second to pee without worrying what your child is getting into.  I ADORE Savannah, my heart explodes with so many emotions when I even glance it her. She is a spit fire. Every bit my mothers daughter, and I love her energy. She is into everything and so smart. I feel blessed to be her mommy. Being her momma means you are running all day, you are laughing, crying, and some days screaming into a pillow at the end of the day. I constantly question if I am failing. Does she know how much she is loved? Is she getting enough stimulation? Should she be eating that?! How do I keep her entertained? Will she love church and the Lord as much as I do?
All this being said, in asking myself the pastors question, being a mother means loving a human more than you do yourself. I love Zachary, and I would do anything to make that man smile. But, Savannah is the only person who has peed on me, pooped on me, spit on me, pulled my hair, yelled in my ear, bitten my toe (YEP, my TOE)... And I still smother her with kisses at the end of the day.


Being her momma means laughter and love. What more could this life need?

No comments:

Post a Comment