Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Coupons and Bible Study

Todays post will be about BOTH things mentioned in the title, lol. I have had a ton of people ask me how I save us so much money in coupons, so I am going to do a little breakdown.
This was my "haul" for the week:
4 bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce, 2 bottles of A-1 Steak sauce, 2 things of Lysol wipes, 1 Lysol Spray, 2 bottles of V-8 Splash, 2 boxes of Muellers pasta, a can of mushrooms, 2 bags of Sargento cheese, 2 packs of Zephyrhills water, 2 packs of Trix yogurt, 1 pack of Motts applesauce, Coffeemate creamer, Staceys Pita chips, Sabre Hummus, Birds Eye dinner skillet, pot roast, a box of Aunt Jemimas pancakes and a box of AJ french toast, 2 boxes of Lipton tea, a box of Allegra allergy meds, 2 sticks of Right Guard. 
My total was $119.96. I spent $46.91 total. 
My goal this week was only $35 at Publix, but Zachary reminded me we need allergy meds and cleaning stuff to get rid of all the germs from us being sick. So, the EASIEST way to break this down is, Publix does BOGO every week, and usually on GOOD items. A common misconception is: things on BOGO are marked up in price, this is not the case. The items are regular price, you just get 2 for that price. Savings automatically. I buy two Sunday papers every week and just file the inserts away. No clipping until I see the ads for the week. When I see things BOGO at Publix, I clip two coupons for that item. Publix will allow you to use 2 coupons on BOGO, even though you are technically buying one. AND, if Publix has a coupon for that same item, you can use BOTH the manufacturer and the Publix together.  That is where MOST of my savings comes in. Also, Publix allows competitors coupons. I had $5 off $55 at Winn-Dixie, used that. And I had a $5 off $30 from Publix, used that. All of these Publix coupons can be found at the service desk, just ask for all of their coupon booklets for that week/month. Hope this little tutorial helped! 

Zachary and I attended our very first married couples bible study last night, and I was amazed. My husband does NOT like reading, he does NOT like "talking about gay feelings", and he does NOT like organized get togethers. He's too "go with the flow" for all that. So, when we got in the car and he was EXCITED to discuss the topics we covered and told me how much he enjoyed it, I about died. This study is absolutely amazing for married couples, engaged couples, and even couples who know they intend on getting married one day. It is called "Two Becoming One" by Don and Sally Meredith. 
It is WORK. There is "homework", and there is a lot of talking to be done between Zach and I. I love this, he has to be tied down with all interruptions off to do it. But, having fellowship with other married Christians and hearing that they have dealt with some of the same struggles we have, and hearing about some of the amazing trials they have overcome and are still strong in their marriage...Well, it is amazing and encouraging. I am EXCITED about our next study! 

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend, and thank you for your continued prayers for Savannahs little ear. She is feeling better, but still on medicine. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment