Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Friday, May 25, 2012

It's Fridayyyy!

Friday is always the day I do my main shopping for the coming up week. I set a goal at the beginning of the week, look through the ads, and clip my coupons accordingly. My goal was $75 at Publix this week, which is high for us. I knew Publix was having GOOD sales due to Memorial Day. Perfect time to stock up on things we use everyday.
I mainly shop at Publix for everything, throwing in Aldi, Winn Dixie, Walmart, CVS, and Target, if they have good deals. Here lately, I am becoming not a fan of Winn Dixie, and the only reason I buy anything from there is because a $5 off $55 prints at the end, and I can use that at Publix. I am going to go in a little more detail this week about HOW I saved with WHICH coupons.
Here is the haul for this week
Breakdown:
4 Pepsi 12pks. Normally $4.99 a piece, on sale B2G2. So, $9.98 for the 4.
2 Tyson Anytizers,BOGO for $8.49. There were $1 off on the Tyson website, I used 2. So, $6.49 for2
2 packages of Velvetta, BOGO. $4.39 for 2. 
2 packages of baby back ribs. $ 4.89 each. Publix Baby Club sent out a coupon booklet that had $1 off fresh meat. 
2 Sabre hummus, BOGO. $3.99 a piece, there is $1 off in Publix Spring Gathering Coupon Booklet. I used two, so $1.99 for 2. 
1 Kraft Mozzarella cheese, on sale $2.50. this Kraft is the Philadelphia cream cheese one, and is normally $4.00 by itself. 
2 Motts apple juices. BOGO. $3.99 for both, PLUS, I had a coupon from Publix Baby coupon book for a free 8 pk of Motts ($3.99) when you buy 2 Motts juices. 
1 Publix brand lasagna noodle. $1.89.
2 bags of Lays chips, BOGO. $4.29. This is a great sale on chips, BOGO is hard to find on Lays. 
2 Mt. Olive Dill Snacksters, BOGO. $3.21 for 2.
2 Domino 5 llb. bags of sugar. $2.99 each (normally $4.50). Plus, there was a $1 off 2 Dominos sugar in the Publix Spring Gathering Booklet. So, $5.00 for 2. 
4 ears of fresh corn. .25 each, $1.00 for 4. 
1 Crescent , $2.19
2 cream cheeses , $1.89 each. 
2 Hefty aluminum containers, BOGO. $3.59 for one, plus a $1.00 coupon in the Spring Gatherings Booklet form Publix. So, $2.59 for 2. That is a steal! I use these to bake in and take along, or just for an easy cleanup at supper. 
1 Hidden Valley Ranch dressing packet, on sale $1.67.
1 package of Sargento string cheese. $2.50. 
I then used a $5 off $55 coupon from WinnDixie. 
I spent $60.09 and saved $67.56! 
Score! This was a good trip because I saved more than I spent, and I was $15 under budget (which will be added to Vannahs piggy bank!). I am going to Aldi tomorrow to finish buying our meats, because they have chicken and ground beef for dirt cheap this week! 

The key to how I save and get so much, I shop sales. I may not need the item that week, but I stock up while it is cheap, so I do not spend full price when I actually need it. I never buy things we will not use, unless I can get it for free or less than $1.00, and then I donate it to church or the womens shelter. I do not buy a billion of one thing, I buy enough to last us a week or two. 
I hope this kind of helped see where and how I save! Feel free to message or comment if you have any questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment