Thank you so much for visiting! Follow my blog to keep up with my crazy, beautiful life!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Encouragement

As a new mom and really, a new wife, I am constantly feeling like I am failing or not "measuring up". Zachary doesn't make me feel this way, it is just a natural thing for me to strive to be better. My momma and Mawmaw tell me DAILY I need to slow down and stop doing so much. The odd thing is, I ENJOY cooking like I do. It gives me a great sense of accomplishment filling both us up on a good homemade meal. I ENJOY having a clean house, I can focus better and relax more. I ENJOY Sundays, even though it is BUSY in the morning. Savannah was up at 6:45, by 9, she had eaten a bottle and breakfast, been dressed and changed, I had coffee and breakfast with Zach, and lunch was already in the crockpot (Baby back ribs!). Busy to say the least!
Zachary decided to stay home and rest this morning, so it was just little bit and I heading to church. She LOVES being in the nursery with her "friends" now. I drop her off with a confidence these days, knowing she is well cared for and has a blast. Sitting in church by myself doesn't bother me, it is my quiet time with God. The closest I feel during the week to him (even though I do my devotional every day) is sitting in the sanctuary. After church, I went to get Savannah and that is where my encouragement came. Ms. Jerry, the lady who mainly cares for Savannah in the nursery, handed her to me saying, " She is SUCH a joy! I can always tell the babies who are loved and well cared for from the babies who need more attention. Savannah is so happy!" Hearing this really blessed my heart. Knowing that my baby can be without Zachary and I, and still light up the room makes me proud and so happy.

In all, the feelings of being unsure of her raisin' and my wifely duties, are normally washed away when I see my family happy and laughing. We are not rich, nor are we "well off", but, we ARE happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment